The ICC Men's Cricket World Cup is one of the most eagerly awaited events in the world of cricket, showcasing the pinnacle of the sport. As cricket enthusiasts gear up for the 2023 edition, it's essential to know the host cities where the matches will be played. Here is the full list of cities and stadiums that will be part of the cricket extravaganza:
1. Ahmedabad - Narendra Modi Stadium, Motera:
- Ahmedabad, the largest city in the state of Gujarat, will host matches at the magnificent Narendra Modi Stadium, formerly known as Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium. With a seating capacity of over 100,000, it's the world's largest cricket stadium.
The products showcased on lankahotels.info are meticulously handpicked by our editorial team. Rest assured, when you make a purchase through our provided retail links, we may receive an affiliate commission, without any extra charges incurred by you.
2. Bengaluru - M Chinnaswamy Stadium:
- The Garden City of Bengaluru will witness cricketing action at the iconic M Chinnaswamy Stadium, known for its electric atmosphere and passionate fans.
3. Chennai - MA Chidambaram Stadium:
- Cricket aficionados in Chennai will flock to the MA Chidambaram Stadium, a historic venue steeped in tradition and home to some memorable cricketing moments.
4. Delhi - Arun Jaitley Cricket Stadium:
- The capital city will host matches at the Arun Jaitley Cricket Stadium, formerly known as Feroz Shah Kotla Ground, offering a glimpse of cricket amidst the hustle and bustle of Delhi.
5. Dharamsala - Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium:
- Nestled in the Himalayan foothills, Dharamsala will provide a breathtaking backdrop to matches at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium.
6. Lucknow - Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium:
- Lucknow's Ekana Cricket Stadium, named after the former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, will play host to World Cup clashes, promising a fantastic cricketing experience.
7. Hyderabad - Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Uppal:
- Hyderabad's Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, located in Uppal, will welcome cricket fans to witness thrilling encounters.
8. Pune - Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium:
- Pune's Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, known for its excellent facilities, will be another destination for cricket enthusiasts during the World Cup.
9. Kolkata - Eden Gardens:
- The cricketing mecca of Kolkata, the Eden Gardens, will be a hub of excitement and passion as it hosts matches that are sure to leave a lasting impact.
10. Mumbai - Wankhede Stadium:
- The city that never sleeps, Mumbai, will see matches at the iconic Wankhede Stadium, where historic World Cup moments have unfolded.
These host cities represent the diversity and enthusiasm for cricket that exists in India. Each stadium has its unique charm, and together, they will create an unforgettable cricketing spectacle during the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2023. Cricket fans worldwide are eagerly awaiting the action, and with these cities as the backdrop, the tournament promises to be a memorable one.